Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Death Walk...

The amazing patchwork of fields

Well this is a very late post since it happened when I was back in Bournemouth staying with the Allen’s; never the less here goes nothing.

This was one of the most beautiful and most difficult walks I went on when staying with the Allen’s.  I mean I love a challenge just as much as the next person but this one was unreal!

It started with a fairly steep but manageable climb to a beautiful lookout, where my previously sprained ankle started to act up and required rub on pain relief.  The photos just don't do this glorious location justice.

We then ambled along easily and then a steep decent took us to the sea.  Let me tell you this was the calm before the storm/respiratory arrest!

The next climb was, well, INTENSE! Straight up without relief for what seemed like hours, really only probably 25 mins max. 

All in all a great walk with amazing views and a good reminder to never do this walk again do more cardio.


At the top of the death climb!

The home stretch


No comments:

Post a Comment