Friday, September 28, 2012

Sail away with me...

Can I just say one word for this post? Well maybe two? GORGEOUS! and FUN!

Would that be a total cop out? Probably, so let me elaborate. We started in Dubrovnik after I finished up my Balkan road trip. So the itinerary went like this Dubrovnik > Mljet > Korcula > Hvar > Stari Grad > Makarska > Split.

I explored Dubrovnik the night I arrived and what a blessing that was since the temperatures were tolerable in the evening. We checked into/onto the boat the next afternoon then had more free time to explore so after a hot lunch on a hot day I was off to seek the shade and something cool to eat! Lucky for me we got these great little bracelets that afforded us discounts at all kinds of places; the first being an ice cream shop! Obvious choice really! Got myself 2 scoops and enjoyed every last lick!

We were off early sailing and finally got a glimpse of the dalmatian coast when I woke up for breakfast! Then a glorious swim in the sea!

I took every advantage I could to be in the water and due to the high salt content in the Adriatic you don't even need to know how to swim you just bob along. It's great!

I really enjoyed all the places we stopped but I would have to say that Hvar was my favorite; despite spending the least amount of time there I thought it was the most beautiful and would love to go back and spend more time there.

The sailing experience was interesting. I think it would have been better had out captain allowed is more swim time from the boat instead of focusing on getting to port early and if the people on the boat were a bit more respectful with noise late at night. But I know what I was signing up for and it was all part of the experience! Also I was in a state of perpetual motion for a few days after getting of the boat which was a bit unsettling but again all part of the experience. I would love to go on another sailing trip because I just love being out on the water!

I will let the photos of this trip do most of the talking though since this post would be waaaay too long to type out everything so please enjoy the shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment