Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm Hungary

I don't know where my head has been but I just realized that I never posted about my trip to Hungary.

Katie and I made the trip there and boy was it interesting.  So much history in Hungary.  I didn't know anything about Hungary before I went on this trip so I had no idea what to expect, and I was happily surprised. 

There is so much history in Hungary, it was under communist rule until 1989, it is very obvious when looking at the buildings, there are some that were obviously from the time of communism and some that are from before or after.

 The food was absolutely amazing and soooo filling, it was definitely a stretchy pants holiday!

We also enjoyed a ballet, for 2£/ticket, it was absolutely amazing!

Love locks in Hungary (like the love bridge in Paris)

Rub his belly for luck


The Cathedral

The chain bridge

This cathedral has lovely painted tiles on the roof that are apparently acid rain proof!

Heros Square

Paprika in the market

Hand painted eggs in the market


Lace in the market


Enjoying hungarian treats!

Katie and her massive snack!

It was so windy Katie nearly blew off the bridge

Stark contrast between communist buildings and not.


Inside the cathedral

At the baths...


Enjoying the ballet for 2£

The worlds second largest synagogue, the largest is in NYC

A memorial for the murdered jews in Hungary


Notice the street name above; this was the name of the street when under communist rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment