Monday, July 23, 2012

Up yer kilt!

Scotland, it felt like coming home! From the time I got off the bus at Waverley station I was kicking myself for not going to Scotland sooner as I immediately fell in love with it.

I felt this overwhelming feeling of welcome and joy being in Edinburgh, which only got stronger as we made our way north into the highlands.

The people of Scotland have this way about them that just makes you feel so welcome,and it was a lovely feeling to have!

We drove through mountains and valleys that reminded me of British Columbia and then to small seaside villages that made me feel like I was in Nova Scotia, hence the name I suppose.

I couldn't help but smile while standing on top of a ski hill looking out over the valley below, willing it to snow so I could ski down the hill. Alas, no snow but gorgeous weather and sunshine for the majority of my time in Scotland!

At Loch Ness we did a Nessie Hakka to try and get the monster to show its face but with no luck! We heard tales of fairies and giants and had good food, however very lacking in vegetables!

I really can't say enough great things about Scotland all I know is that I am glad to have some Scottish heritage but also so happy to be Canadian and can't wait to explore my own country again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment